Tuesday, May 1, 2007

the nanny diaries















Category: books
Genre: literature and fiction
Authors:
Emma Mclaughlin and Nicola Kraus

I used to be a "Baby Sitters' Club" addict. So when I spotted this book at the bookstore, I had to buy it. And I did. And I'm so glad I did.

So anyway.
The story is simple. A nanny, named, well, Nanny, works for a certain Mr. and Mrs. X (nice names?) They are a rich Manhattan couple, and Nanny is to watch over their darling 4-year old son, Grayer. Nanny does that, and more.
So basically, we see in the novel, how the upper class New York couples raise their children. They don't. I have no idea if these things happen in real life, but that's the least of my worries. This book is a funny, witty peek into the high-end, pretentious lives of New York's rich. A peek, through the eyes of an overworked, underpaid nanny who gets more than enough of her dose of lavender water, music and French and all possible after-school classes, philandering husbands, and outrageous Teletubbie costumes.
A laugh-out-loud read, and one that's so hard to put down ;)
Oh yeah, on the job, Nanny meets a hot Harvard boylet, so you definitely get a dose of kilig too =D
Light light read that's good for the summer.

And a movie version is coming soon, so read up!
Scarlett Johansson (i love!) is playing Grayer's nanny, so it should be good.
Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment