Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Work! :)

Leaving my previous job is the best decision I’ve made this year.  It came at the perfect time.  And I was more than ready to move on.  Things were crazy over there (I will eventually share some tidbits in future posts) and I didn’t want to have any part of it anymore.  Of course, the bigger picture is that it didn’t offer me any opportunities for growth, career-wise.  In the long run, it really wasn’t a wise choice to stay.  For the record though, I really enjoyed the work, my colleagues and the perks.  But, you know, those aren’t the only factors that determine whether or not you’re staying.

So here I am, my third week into my new (and improved) job, having absolutely no regrets and extremely excited about our brand and the company’s future.  The change in atmosphere is very refreshing and as opposed to liposuction (which I heard 24/7 during my last job), shoes (which I hear about 24/7 here) are much more interesting.

Anyway, the point is, I’m happy happy happy with the choices I’ve made so far – resigning, taking a 2-month breather (more or less) , working for this new company.  I hope things work out well. :) Keeping my fingers crossed!

photo credits: Will Brenner Photography www.brennerphotography.us

No comments:

Post a Comment