Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hunger Games Movie

Around a couple of years back, I randomly came across this book called "Hunger Games" which (my favorite) bookstore, Fully Booked, recommended. At that time, there was no hype about it yet, but based on some online reviews, it seemed cool. So I reserved myself a copy and practically ran to the bookstore to get it.

From the moment I finished reading the first book, I kept telling everyone to read it. It's been the best young adult book I've sank my teeth into after Harry Potter. It was a refreshing read, especially after Twilight disappointed me so bad (I wanted to like it, I really did. So far, I've read the first book and half of New Moon. I'm not ashamed to admit that I like Edward's cheesy lines, but the storytelling was somewhat boring.)

When I moved jobs, I let my new office mates read the Hunger Games series, too. Ha ha. And I even blogged about the series here.

Imagine my excitement when they finally announced that a movie version was in the works. By that time, almost everyone knew about (or have read) the books.

A couple of weeks back the movie trailer FINALLY came out and so far, I haven't heard anything negative about it. It looks like it's going to be the next big movie franchise. Very promising. The great thing about it (I think) is that unlike Harry Potter and Twilight, you won't need to read the books in order to enjoy the movies. The story's not as complicated as Harry and it's fast paced and full of action, unlike Twilight. Please just don't give me a Mockingjay Part 1/Part 2, okay?



No comments:

Post a Comment