Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Will Try Again

I don't know why I can never seem to blog  frequently.  I am in awe of people who have so much to say and actually have the guts to say it. More than the bloggers who talk about what they wore to the mall, or the ones who talk about where they ate and which events they attended (80% of the photos they post actually have their faces in them), I actually like reading blogs that are more personal, that deal with feelings, or with mundane things that happened in some guy/girl's life. I get excited by blocks and blocks of text. I like photos too, but I like them better when there are good stories behind them.

I don't know why I can't come up with anything to write. You see, all these random thoughts keep popping in and out of my mind throughout the day and I think, "Hey, I'll blog about that." But, either I forget about them or by the time I get home, I come to the realization that it's stupid, immature or shameful, or just too private to air out in public. (Public is probably not even the appropriate word to use here, given that this blog is some sort of a wallflower among the millions of blogs in the world wide web.)

Today, I went through my account and and found a dozen drafts. Entries I can't seem to finish. It's either I got bored with it or I by the time I got around to finish writing it, it just didn't feel right to post it anymore. Sometimes I realize that it's been so spur of the moment, a rush of emotion, something that's gone by and doesn't need rehashing.

But then I realize that if I keep up with this, I will never be able to write anything. True, I've got to keep the right things private. But there's a lot of things out there that I can still write about.

So here's the thing. I have decided, that from now on, this Blogger window will be my home page, a tab im gonna keep open. (I will still use Live Writer, but for the sake of an in-your-face reminder, I think keeping this as my home page is a better idea.) I will make sure that every time I open my laptop, I write something new. Not for the sake of random bored internet stalkers, but for my sake. I need to hold on to some memories. (My recent increase in forgetfulness is kind of alarming.) And while an actual journal might be helpful, I actually prefer to type because thoughts fly away too quickly for my slow penmanship.

So yeah. Here's to giving blogging a serious try. :)


2 comments:

  1. Hello Yza :D I'm glad that you're back in blogging :) Most of the time, i procrastinate. It's either i'm lazy this week then masipag naman on the next. Blogging started out as a hobby for me or should i say an online journal then eventually, earned money from it. I'm trying to keep my main one more personal (ang dami kasing bloggers na nawala yung personal touch in their entries T_T don't want to be like them hehe) that's why i created the travel blog na Senyorita. Hoping to read more of your adventures! Kelan ba next trip natin? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mica!:) Super late reply. Obviously, I'm not too good at keeping track of comments because I rarely get any.hahaha I'm still lazy, but I it's nice to have something to look back on, so I definitely want to keep this blog for as long as possible.I like reading my past blog entries from years ago to remind me of the kind of person I was back then. It's just a bonus when people other than myself actually read this.lol Yep, I don't like reading blogs din na puro promote lang ng products or places, and nawalan na ng personal touch. Looks like your travel blog is doing great! Oo nga, let's catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete